Tuesday, 8 August 2017
A home decor project ...
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. For myself and several challenges I wanted to create a home décor project. I have to say I adore the way this has turned out and here it is …
It's turned out so pretty
Lots of depth and details
All the lovely details
That beautiful flower stamp
The lovely die cut flowers and leaves
My favourite butterfly die
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Butterfly Challenge #83 J for jagged edges &/ the colour kiwi I went through my dies to find a leaf die with jagged edges and I used the colour kiwi to colour the leaves
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge TIMI August Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge #71 Anything Goes
I used Crafters Companion and Sizzix dies
The Artistic Stamper Challenge August Anything Goes
My step by steps are very simple and I got to use more snippets too, you know the little white snippets that aren’t big enough to use as a panel and it seems a waste to use them for die cutting. Oh dear, maybe that’s just me!!!
1. I drew around the embroidery hoop with a pencil and roughly cut the watercolour card.
2. I used Spectrum Noir AquaTints to create a bright blue wash and coloured the watercolour card.
3. I used my Versafine ink pads to stamp the flower multiple times onto white snippets and I coloured them with my Luminarte H2O watercolour paints, they shimmer beautifully when you lift and tilt the card.
4. Once the flowers were dry I fussy cut them and removed some of the leaves from several of the flowers.
5. I trimmed the watercolour panel quite close and then adhered it to the back using a wet glue and I left it to dry.
6. The next day I trimmed with scissors or used a piece of sand paper to make sure the watercolour card fits the embroidery hoop and so that no card is hung over.
7. I then got my stamped flowers and played around with the layout before gluing them in position.
8. I die cut several of Tim Holtz’s small tattered florals dies using coloured snippets and I created five layered flowers which I glued in position. I also had green coloured snippets that I cut out with this die set too.
9. I added a die cut butterfly and bling stones to the flowers and I was finished with my project.
I hope you like it as much as we do and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Paperbabe Oriental Zen stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Sara Davies Signature Range Butterfly Lullaby Flit & Flutter die set
Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlits Small Tattered Florals
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary
Luminarte H2O watercolours: Jasmine
Distress re-inker: Shabby Shutters/Peeled Paint (to colour the leaves)
Versafine IP: grey
Sheer ribbon and bling stones from my stash
Collall all purpose glue