Saturday, 15 July 2017

Fiskarettes UK Design Team, teal and white wings ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend has started well.  I’m sharing a card today that I created as part of my Design Team duties for Fiskarettes UK Facebook page. I used the beautiful Fiskars Butterfly continuous stamp and I played with one of my all time favourite colours of Distress ink which is Peacock Feathers, I’m hoping to get hold of the Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink pad next month along with a few more, lol. I added a little gold and beautiful pearls and here it is …

A 148mm square card
It has some depth but not too much!
These continuous stamps make it so easy to cover a piece of card
I decoupaged three butterflies and added several pearls
A final look

Luckily for me I can also enter this card into these Challenges 
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge #28 Anything Goes 
Creatalicious Challenge #119 Anything Goes optional summer



Scrap & Craft Inspiration Challenge #5 Summertime with Butterflies
I used very soft feminine distress because I wanted to create a pretty distress style card



This card was really quick to put together and because of the continuous stamp very quick to stamp too. I positioned the stamp roughly in the middle of my MISTI so that I could ink it up then stamp and move my card so that the card was covered. I removed the card from the MISTI, trimmed the edges and then inked them very lightly. I added gold accents with a gel pen to three of the dragonflies and stamped the butterflies again onto another piece of card and fussy cut three of them. I curved the fussy cut butterfly wings with my fingers and then glued them in position. I added two pearls between the butterflies and three in the bottom right hand corner.

I have to admit that the Fiskars Continuous stamps and my MISTI helped me to create a not CAS card but a card that has a CAS feel, lol. Creating a whole background with these stamps and the MISTI is very easy and very quick and it doesn’t make my hands hurt either which if I stamp them by hand with my acrylic mounts or Rock A Blocks do. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x














Tools
Stamp:
Fiskars Continuous Butterfly stamp
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; ink blending tool and foam

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Craft UK 15cm square card
Snippets: white card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Peacock Feathers
Sakura sparkle gold gel pen
Embellishments:
Pearls and Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape

8 comments:

Cara said...

Beautiful butterflies, the decoupaged ones work perfectly on this card x

Neets B said...

This is one of my favourite colours too, and I love how you've blended the colour in from the edges. Another lovely entry to our CAS challenge but our challenge has a birthday theme, perhaps yours has the sentiment inside?
Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge, Anita x

Helen F. said...

Lovely card, Karen! I have to check out Fiscar's Continuous stamps, this looks like fun.
Thanks for joining up at Creative With Stamps for the July Challenge!

Sandra said...

This is such a darling card, the butterflies are so sweet. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Hazel Agnew said...

This is totally gorgeous Karen. Thanks for joining in with us at Country View Crafts.

foleysfriend said...

Loving the monochromatic look to your card (well, peacock feathers and white). Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS.

sue

Dorlene Durham said...

What a pretty card! I love all the added 3D elements to add more to the beautiful butterfly stamp. Thanks for joining the July challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional summer” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)