Tuesday, 5 May 2015

AG for the Man in your life at Let's Craft & Create Challenge ... (warning photo heavy)

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have to warn you in advance that I have taken a lot of photographs of my project and if you are from a DT please look at the top two photographs and the final photograph.  I have listed what challenges I want to link this project up to much further down the post – so the details of those challenges are, I promise, below.
I don’t often make boxes and regularly have issues when I have to.  However I am planning on using this template again to make myself some more of these boxes because I love the finished project!  I want to make some to store all those little delicate bits and bobs that I have amassed over the years. 



It’s the fifth of the month which means it’s time for me to share my Design Team creation for the new challenge at Let’s Craft & Create Challenge.


We have a sponsor for this challenge.   The Cutting Café is our sponsor this month and the winner gets to choose 1/2 cutting file from their website. 
For all the details and the rules please pop on over to the LC&C Challenge.  It’s worth seeing what my lovely and very talented team mates have created too.
Anyways here is what I’ve created …

  
The finished box is approximately 7½” by 10½”.  Unusually I was really careful before adding the DP to my box and cover because I wanted to be able to see some of the design on the front, back and inside.

 
I wanted to be able to see the hay stack on the inside cover of the book and the flourishes inside the box. 

You can see that this box has some depth so is going to be great for keeping bits and bobs in it.

Again you can see the depth – yep it’s definitely going to be used for storing little bits and bobs in.

 

I seem to be obsessed with butterflies again lol!  I love these rosettes because they are great embellishments for projects for the man/men.  Not a girly embellishment and I kept to earth tone colours for the butterflies – i.e. not too much pink in my case lol!

  
I seem to be obsessed with butterflies again lol!  I love these rosettes because they are great embellishments for projects for the man/men.  Not a girly embellishment and I kept to earth tone colours for the butterflies – i.e. not too much pink in my case lol!

 
Here you can see that the rosette and butterfly have given some depth – but not too much!  I used that ribbon because that will be on show when the book is in an upright position.


A final photograph of my finished book box.  If you have looked at every photograph and read all the descriptions – huge thanks to you because you are a Hero
Although I had to create a project that was for a man I have decided that this beauty is not going anywhere lol!  It’s going to be kept on my desk with some lovely little delicate embellishments stored inside it.  That is how much I love the finished project so my huge thanks to The Cutting Café for the download and to Eileen, boss lady, for getting this sponsor!

This book box was easy to create.  I printed the files onto copy paper and then used them to cut up card.  I actually recycled a cereal box instead of using my A4 chipboard sheets (I’m running a bit low on them).  It was also a fabulous way for me to use more of my old DP/PP, several snippets, and an NBUS Sizzix die too.  As always I had to add some stamped images to the finished project.  I feel like I’ve not completed a project if it doesn’t have any stamped images on it lol!

Huge apologies for the amount of tools and stash I have used – you could create one of these with half the amount I have used but as I have it I’m determined to use it lol!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you have a fabulously happy day and get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x


I’ve been very lucky and able to enter Challenges too:

If you want to see what my very talented team mates have created take a look here:
My Craft Creations my lovely boss aka Eileen
Paper Panacea aka Cheryl
My Crafting Corner aka Ursula
Prendre le temps ... aka Maryvonne
My Crafty Outlook aka Hazel
Ameera Crafts aka Mary
Ammarisart aka Catherine


Tools
Stamp:
Inspired by Stamping: Australia Nature 1 stamp set

Cutting File:
The Cutting Café: Book Box 2 

Die Cutting Machine, Dies, Folders
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Sizzix Die: Sizzlet Paper Rosette Flower Strip – huge thanks to my lovely friend Helen for purchasing this for my birthday

Miscellaneous Tools:
Computer and printer; embossing tool; ruler; cutting mat & knife; mini bulldog clips #; paint brushes; pot of water; paint pallette  #


Stash
Card Paper:
Cereal box packaging used instead of chipboard
305mm square K & Company Tim Coffey Blossomwood Designer Paper stack #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress IP
Adirondack IPs: lettuce, meadow, wild plum (to colour the butterflies)

Embellishments:
Brown satin ribbon with loopy edge  #
Cream Grosgrain ribbon: from a bedding set (thanks to my mum) #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue
Collall glue gel

 # VOS: at least five years old and no idea where I purchased them or they were purchased for me or if still available

20 comments:

SARN said...

That's a cracking good book box Karen. Love it. xxx

Cheryl W said...

Your box is wonderful, Karen. I especially love those rosettes! I actually considered putting rosettes on my box, too.

massofhair said...

Have you thought of using any of the WRMK boards, i have the box maker and it is the best and easiest tool yet i have found for making boxes, just a thought...

LOVE your boxes very much, perfect size for storage :-) xxx

rachel said...

great box Karen - really useful make! Big hugs rachel x

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Wonderful box Karen , so stuning ! love the Colors , the butterflys, the rosettes , lova all !

Denice said...

I can see why you want to make more of this wonderful box...how awesome is this?!! Love all the pictures and details on this great project! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps. Please juoin us again soon.

Hazel said...

Wonderful project, Karen - super design inspiration for Let's Craft and create xx

brenda said...

You've change your blog and blog name Karen !!

I couldn't understand why you had not come up on my reading list for so long, now it's all clear, so have just signed up again. Sorry it took me so long to catch up.

A fabulous creation here today, so much work and so pleased you have joined us at Penny Black and More.

B x

Di said...

Wow Karen - this is a real beauty!! I love it.

Hugs

Di xx

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow, this is beautiful Karen! I love your pinwheel flowers and the vibrant colours on your butterflies are such a wonderful contrast against the neutrals! Gorgeous altered box!hugs :)

Ameera Craft said...

Amazing project Karen!
Lovely insporation for Lets Craft & create Challenge :)

Mary x

Shirley said...

A fabulous box Karen. Lots of lovely detail too.
Thank you for joining us this month at Penny Black and and More and we hope you will join us again next month.

Shirley

Ellibelle said...

Beautifully created box, great use of dies and love the papers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

Helen said...

Love this Karen! Glad you are keeping it :-). Helen x

Ammaris Art said...

Beautiful box Karen! I love all the embellishments, rosettes, butterfies, and the papers you used. Hugs, Catherine xx

Carol said...

This is beautiful Karen, a really useful size. Carol x

Becca Cruger said...

Just... gorgeous! No wonder why you felt the need to take so many pictures. There are some amazing, special elements!

Jaine Drake said...

I love a recycling project and this is superb. Thank you for joining in with our challenge at ASOI this time.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, so pretty! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Mynn Kitchen said...

This is absolutely lovely, Karen! I adore the beautiful papers you've paired with your stamped images! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx